Incapacitance Meter for Mouse and Rat – For assessment of pain and inflammation in the hind limb of small rodents according to static weight bearing test.
Orchid’s Incapacitance Meter is used for measurement of pain and/or inflammation of the hind limbs on mice or rats. The Incapacitance test represents an unsurpassed method for assessing spontaneous pain in laboratory animal model with inflammation or nerve injury in one hind paw (neuropathy, incision etc).
In the Incapacitance test, animal is positioned in a holder specially designed to maintain in comfortable position on two separated sensor plates. Orchid’s Incapacitance Meter enables to quantify the spontaneous postural changes reflecting spontaneous pain by independently measuring the weight that the animal applies through each hind paw on respective sensor.
In the absence of hind paw injury, animal applies equal weight on both hind paws, indicating a postural equilibrium. After unilateral hind paw tissue injury, a lower weight is applied by the injured paw indicating postural non-equilibrium.
Orchid’s Incapacitance Meter, initiates a measurement cycle during which a number of force measurements are performed and averaged. The period over which these measurements are recorded is under user control; adjustable between 1 to 99 seconds. At the conclusion of the measurement, the resulting data is displayed to a resolution of 0.01 gram.
- Specially designed animal holders to cover wide range of animal sizes- 30-50 gm mice, 130-160 gm rat, and 250-280 gm rat
- Easy and precise measurements with averaging of force data in defined time.
- Inbuilt weight calibration and calibration report generation mode
- Instrument has provision to add No. of Sequences, auto experiment number, Animal type and animal sex.
- Foot switch control
- Touch screen display
- Three units of measurement available g/N/lb
- Capacity of 1500g with resolution of 0.01g
- Password protected system
- Software for PC connectivity
- Password protected software and admin features
- Software for data collection & report generation
- Calibration report generation facility in the software
- Graphical presentation of data
- Provision to add experiment Title & comment
- Data can be converted to excel & Pdf file for further analysis
System Specification & Models
|Specifications||Model - INCAP 01|
|Reading averaging time||Auto Reading Logging time|
|Display type||Touch screen display 4.3"|
|Useful for||Test pain and inflammation in the hind limbs of mice, rats|
|PC Connectivity||By Using USB Cable|
|Required System Configuration||Windows 7/8/10 Operating System, RAM-1GB or more ,
Hard disk Capacity 260GB or More, Screen Size 15" or more.
|Power Requirements||220/230 V AC 50-60Hz or
110/120 V AC 50-60Hz**
|Unit Dimensions||2 478 x 412 x 175 mm (L x W x H)|
|INCAP-01||CE Compliant||220/230V AC 50Hz
110/120V AC 50-60Hz*
|Control Panel with two types of acrylic animal holders, Foot switch, USB Cable for pc connectivity, Software|
*Needs to be specified in order information
Note: Orchid’s continuing product development makes specifications subject to change without prior notification.