For screening of inflammation or oedema in mouse or rat
Orchid’s Digital Plethysmometer is a micro controlled volume meter, specially designed for accurate measurement of the rat / mouse paw swelling.
The Digital Plethysmometer is a highly useful tool to evaluate the inflammatory response experimentally induced in small rodents and to screen potential anti-inflammatory or anti-oedema properties of pharmacological substance. The water displacement produced by the immersion of the animal paw in the measuring tube is reflected in to the second tube, inducing the volume displacement. This displacement value is recorded. The control unit can be zeroed between successive readings by pressing the reset key, so as to avoid the error arising due to adherence of water to the paw of the animal. Foot switch allowing rapid hands-free experiments can be used to control the end point of the measurement.
- Button touch auto- calibration mode making hassle free calibration
- High accuracy : ± 0.01 ml
- Resolution : 0.01 ml
- Easy to use pedal switch
- Stable & comfortable reading on graphical LCD display
- No need of separate tube assembly for rat & mice
- Data entry for: Experiment Nos./ Sequence Nos./Sex of Animal / Paw : Left – Right etc.
- Data storage for 100000 experiments
- Six Point Calibration 0.50ml, 1.00ml, 2.00ml, 3.00ml, 4.00ml & 5.00ml.
- Software for PC Connectivity using RS232 serial interface for data transfer and report generation with graphical presentation.
- Provision to add experiment name, comment & animal weight(grams) in the software report
- Data can be transferred to excel or pdf
- Software with password protected experiment delete function
- Mice Paw Volume (0-5ml), Rat Paw Volume (0-10ml)
This Product may also be searched with keywords as Paw volume meter, carrageenan, neuropathic pain, hyperalgesia, joint pain, arthritis, diabetic neuropathy,plethysmometer for mouse and rat, plethysmometer for mice and rat plethysmometer instrument, plethysmometer suppliers in india, buy plethysmometer online, digital plethysmometer price in india, plethysmograph
System Specification & Models
|PLM 01 Plus|
|Calibration||Auto and Manual|
|Animals to be tested||Mouse, Rat|
|PC Connectivity||By Using RS232 Cable|
|Material of composition||Methacrylate, S.S. 304|
|PLM 01 Plus||CE Compliant||220/230V AC 50Hz
110/120V AC 50-60Hz*
|· Control unit with communication port to PC & Software utility
· Pedal Switch
· Immersion tube assembly with reservoir and adequate silicon tubing
· Two separate Stand for holding the immersion tube assembly
· Instructional Manual
· RS232 Cable and RS232 to USB converter
· Surfactant solution bottle
· Micro-litre syringe (500 μl)
· Digital pocket conductivity meter
· Software for data connectivity
*Needs to be specified in order information
Optional: Computer and printer to be arranged by user
Note: Orchid’s continuing product development makes specifications subject to change without prior notification.
Digital Plethysmometer :
1. Patel, M.G. and Pundarikakshudu, K., 2016. Effect of ethanol extract of an ayurvedic preparation (Pathyadya Churna) on arthritis in rats. Indian journal of pharmacology, 48(2), p.145.
2. Patel, M.G. and Pundarikakshudu, K., 2015. Anti-arthritic activity of a classical Ayurvedic formulation Vatari Guggulu in rats. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine.
3. Patel, M.G. and Pundarikakshudu, K., 2016. Effect of Shatpuspadya Churna-a classical Ayurvedic formulation on formaldehyde and Complete Freund’s adjuvant (CFA) induced arthritis in rats. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, 16(1), pp.59-65.
4. Singh, R.P. and Narke, R., 2015. PREPARATION AND EVALUATION OF PHYTOSOME OF LAWSONE. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 6(12), p.5217.
5. Khan, S.A., Chatterjee, S.S. and Kumar, V., 2016. Low dose aspirin like analgesic and anti- inflammatory activities of mono-hydroxybenzoic acids in stressed rodents. Life sciences, 148, pp.53-62.
6. Patwardhan, S.K. and Bhide, M.A., 2015. EVALUATION OF MYRISTICA FRAGRANS AS A PENETRATION ENHANCER IN TRANSDERMAL GEL FORMULATION. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7(3), pp.350-355.
7. Kumar, T. and Jain, V., 2014. Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of Bridelia retusa methanolic fruit extract in experimental animals. The Scientific World Journal, 2014.
8. Khan, J., Alexander, A., Saraf, S. and Saraf, S., 2014. Luteolin–phospholipid complex: preparation, characterization and biological evaluation. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 66(10), pp.1451-1462.
9. Rani, P., Pal, D., Hegde, R.R. and Hashim, S.R., 2014. Anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic activities of synthesized 2-(substituted phenoxy) acetamide derivatives. BioMed research international, 2014.
10. Khobragade, D.S., AK, L.R., Rao, T.K., AVR, P.K., Reddy, G.S. and Potbhare, M.S., 2013. Multi-model confirmatory evaluation of anti-inflammatory, analgesic and
antioxidant activities of Putranjiva roxburghii wall. International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, 4(12), pp.921-932.
11. More, S.K., Lande, A.A., Jagdale, P.G., Adkar, P.P. and Ambavade, S.D., 2013. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of Solanum xanthocarpum Schrad and Wendl
(Ka??akari) extract in laboratory animals. Ancient science of life, 32(4), p.222.
12. Kakoti, B.B., Pradhan, P., Borah, S., Mahato, K. and Kumar, M., 2013. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of the methanolic stem bark extract of Nyctanthes arbor- tristis linn. BioMed research international, 2013.
13. SitharaAP, R.M., Mallya, S., Sudhakara, B.S. and Srikanth, P., 2013. Experimental evaluation of analgesic and anti-inflammatory potential of leaves of Anfidesma menasu on wistar albino rats. Int J Pharmacol and Clin Sci, 2, pp.105-12.
14. Naik, S.R., Bhagat, S., Shah, P.D., Tare, A.A., Ingawale, D. and Wadekar, R.R., 2013. Evaluation of anti-allergic and anti-anaphylactic activity of ethanolic extract of Zizyphus jujuba fruits in rodents. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia, 23(5), pp.811-818.