Universal Kymograph With Inbuilt Stimulator
This Assembly includes the Universal Kymograph with inbuilt Stimulator with a Manual containing detailed instruction of experiments (accessories for experiments to be ordered separately).
Kymograph consisting of a revolving drum, bearing a kymograph paper on which a stylus moves up and down displaying the effects of the drugs on contractile tissues, is commonly used in experimental physiology and pharmacology laboratories in teaching institutions. Muscle or tissue movements are recorded on paper fixed on moving drum using recording lever.
Some of the possible experiments include:Frog Heart In Situ Preparation Experiments:
- Recording normal rate of heartbeat.
- Effect of drugs (inotropic and chronotropic actions)
- Effect of electrolytes, temperature
- Role of pacemaker of frog’s heart in generating the electrical currents (impulse) at regular interval.Nerve- Muscle Preparation Experiments:
- Effect of stimulating voltage (simple muscle twitch)
- Staircase phenomenon (Treppe)
- Effect of repeated stimulation (fatigue)